WELL 2023: Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion
WELL 2023 Kickoff Event Online, 8 p.m., February 25, 2023
WELL in-person at NWEC, March 3 to 5
Registration will open on February 1, and more details will be available at that time.
WELL Kickoff Event ONLINE - Saturday evening , February 25, 8 p.m.
- Dr Hiroko Hagiwara will join us online to share a presentation in English, with bilingual background notes, on feminist issues in Japan's past, titled 'Feminism, local government and CEDAW in the 1980s'. Her QA session will be bilingual.
- This event is free, but registration will be required.
WELL at the National Women's Education Center in Saitama , March 3 to 5
We have invited three main speakers, all of whom will join us for the weekend.
SATURDAY MORNING 10:30 to 12:00
- Marama (Maz) Carmichael Kishimoto is the winner of the All Japan Toastmasters Humorous Speech Contest in 2022, the table Topics (impromptu) Speech Champion in 2008 and the winner of the International Speech Contest in 2018, 2019, and 2020. Having overcome her own fear of public speaking she is now passionate about helping others with their public speaking skills, and has given workshops both online and in person on subjects such as Public speaking with confidence; Making humorous speeches, and Making impromptu speeches.
SATURDAY AFTERNOON 14:00 to 15:30
- Dr Jackie F. Steele will be presenting on her DEI expertise as a political scientist and in her capacity as CEO of enjoi Japan KK.
SUNDAY MORNING 10:00 to 11:30
- Karen Hill Anton, the well-known writer, columnist, consultant and coach, will talk on her experiences related to DEI.
In addition to these speakers, there will be opportunities for participants to use the facilities for discussions on topics of interest.
More details will be posted here as they become available, and you can also join our mailing list or Facebook group to get the latest information.
(Latest update: January 24, 2023.)